Gas Safety Management in Social Housing – Level 4
Aimed at Social Housing staff that manage or oversee work on gas appliances to give them a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of gas safety, this level 4 course is an assessment based distance learning package leading to a nationally recognised RQF qualification accredited by Logic certification.
The objective of this qualification is for learners to demonstrate they know and understand combustion and carbon monoxide, the flueing and ventilation of gas appliances, the design, types, operation and installation requirements of gas appliance, meters and pipework, the management responsibilities in managing gas safety in social housing and the legislative requirements affecting the management of gas safety in social housing environments.
The qualification comprises of 5 mandatory knowledge units:
- Combustion and Carbon Monoxide – An explanation of the combustion process, how Carbon Monoxide is formed, its effect on the human body and how to spot the danger signs.
- Flueing and ventilation of gas appliances – An in depth look at the two most important aspects that gas appliances depend on for their safe functioning.
- Appliances, meters and pipework – An understanding of the different types of appliances, meter and gas installations that are encountered in social housing properties.
- Gas safety management in social housing – The requirements of Social Housing providers in relation to all aspects of gas work including employee awareness and quality control.
- Gas safety legislation – An understanding of industry documentation such as regulations, British Standards and how they affect the work carried out in social housing properties.
The course consists of a guided learning session followed by a supported study period in which learners will produce a portfolio of evidence at their preferred pace to support the knowledge gained whilst carrying out their day to day duties in gas safety management.
The pass mark is 75% for each unit in order to achieve the Level 4 award.
The guided learning session will take place at our head office in Selby, North Yorkshire or at your own premises.
For further information regarding our services please contact Morgan Lambert on 01757 210598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as possible.