Commercial Gas Quality Control Auditor
Location – Nationwide
The role of a Commercial Gas Quality Control Auditor will entail quality control inspections, stock condition surveys, intrusive third party opinion inspections, which shall be undertaken on a variety of works carried out for social housing providers nationwide.
Auditors will be required to review landlord gas safety records as issued by gas contractors to ensure they are accurately completed and reflect the true status of the gas installation and recent works carried out. Intrusive strip down inspections will be carried out to confirm that appliances have been serviced in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and the gas meter and pipework is safe for use. Intrusive surveys to identify defective commercial plant and associated equipment and provide third party opinion reports. Special investigation reports will also be completed upon client request as well as fumes investigation reports where appropriate qualifications are held by the applicant. Due to the nature of this role, extensive travel will be required throughout the midlands and northern regions of the UK with some exceptions required to travel nationwide, where required.
All field based inspection work will be recorded utilising hand held tablet software with supporting photographs to be displayed on our internal reporting systems in accordance with all applicable company policies and procedures which will be explained in detail during the company induction period.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be an excellent communicator and willing to have a ‘hands on’ approach to carrying out third party independent quality audits.
Your main duties will be to:
- Effectively manage your own gas audit programme with support from our operational support team and regional management
- Develop and maintain new and existing client relationships through effective communication
- Complete high quality gas audit reports, third party opinion reports, condition reports and all other related commercial gas audit tasks.
- Promote and maintain a high quality standard of gas work
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A full suite of domestic and commercial ACS qualifications is preferred. As a minimum: COCN1 or CCN1 with CODNCO1, CIGA1, CDGA1,CORT1, ICPN1, TCP1A, TCP1, CENWAT (CEN1, WAT1), HTR1, CKR1 and CPA. Gas catering ACS would be considered advantageous.
- Strong mechanical background in relation to commercial systems inclusive of plant and ancillary equipment.
- A gas related NVQ Level 3 – City & Guilds qualification
- A1, A2 Assessors (D32, D33) qualifications, although not essential
- Detailed knowledge of gas appliances and central heating systems supplemented by a thorough understanding of Normative Documents especially the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998
- Good communication skills
- Full driving licence
- IT literate with good knowledge of the Microsoft office applications.
- Further qualifications in fumes investigation reporting (CMDDA1) and commercial gas, although not essential
Morgan Lambert is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.