Location – Nationwide
The role of a Domestic Gas Quality Control Auditor will entail quality control inspections being undertaken on a variety of works carried out for social housing providers nationwide.
Auditors will be required to review landlord gas safety records as issued by gas contractors to ensure they are accurately completed and reflect the true status of the gas installation and recent works carried out. Intrusive strip down inspections will be carried out to confirm that appliances have been serviced in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and the gas meter and pipework is safe for use. Special investigation reports will also be completed upon client request as well as fumes investigation reports where appropriate qualifications are held by the applicant.
All field based inspection work will be recorded utilising hand held tablet software with supporting photographs to be displayed on our internal reporting systems in accordance with all applicable company policies and procedures which will be explained in detail during the company induction period.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be a good communicator and willing to have a ‘hands on’ approach to carrying out third party independent quality audits.
Your main duties will be to:
- Effectively manage your own gas audit programme with support from our operational support team and regional management
- Develop and maintain new and existing client relationships through effective communication
- Complete high quality gas audit reports
- Promote and maintain a high quality standard of gas work
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A full suite of ACS qualifications. As a minimum: CCN1, CENWAT (CEN1, WAT1), HTR1, CKR1 and CPA1
- A gas related NVQ Level 3 – City & Guilds qualification
- A1, A2 Assessors (D32, D33) qualifications, although not essential
- Detailed knowledge of gas appliances and central heating systems supplemented by a thorough understanding of Normative Documents especially the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998
- Good communication skills
- Full driving licence
- IT literate with good knowledge of the Microsoft office application.
- Further qualifications in fumes investigation reporting (CMDDA1) and commercial gas, although not essential
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and bonus, company vehicle, pension scheme, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), tablet device for data inputting and mobile phone. Self-employed posts may be available to the right candidate.
Morgan Lambert is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.