Morgan Lambert (part of the Hickton Group of companies), is the industry leading safety management consultant to the social housing sector specialising in gas, oil, solid fuel and electrical safety and utilising the best associate consultants for other compliance areas.
We deliver a truly national and robust post inspection audit alongside the very best reporting system to provide clients and contractors the tools they need to scrutinise and improve safety standards.
In order to actively strengthen the position of Morgan Lambert as one of the leading organisations providing consultancy services in the field of gas activities and other heating sources to Social Housing Providers, we are now inviting applications for the position of Regional Manager for the North East.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with proven management and technical ability in the domestic or commercial gas sector.
Reporting to the Northern Regional Director, the main purpose of this role is to manage the North East region. This includes line management duties and field support to Gas Quality Control Auditors (full time and self-employed) and technical support to our Client base. The role is broken down as follows:
• Day to day management of auditors within a defined regional area.
• Regular monitoring and appraisal of Gas Quality Control Auditors through onsite/desktop Quality Control Inspections, and performance review.
• Managing self-employed (sub-consultants) in a defined regional area.
• Assisting our Operational Support team in liaising with existing clients to ensure a regular supply of LGSRs is maintained.
• Joint responsibility with Operational Support team & Operational Support Manager in the planning of works within the region to ensure audit targets are met.
• Attendance at Client/Contractor meetings as required.
• Deliver Toolbox Talks internally and to Client/Contractors on Gas Industry updates/audit findings.
• Completion of special investigations and reports (e.g. Complaints/CO investigations)
• Managing special projects
• Carrying out third party gas audits and referral reports where there is an operational requirement
• Deputise for the Regional Director when required
• Lead on the recruitment of appropriately qualified staff for each Region, to include interview and induction of potential candidates.
• Any other task reasonably assigned
Essential Qualifications Required
• Detailed knowledge of gas appliances and central heating systems supplemented by a thorough understanding of Normative Documents especially the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998.
• A full suite of ACS Qualifications. As a minimum: CCN1, CENWAT (CEN1, WAT1), HTR1, CKR1 and CPA1.
• A Gas Related NVQ Level 3 – City & Guilds Qualification.
• IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Full driving license.
• A1, A2 Assessors (D32, D33) Qualifications highly desirable but not essential.
• Further Qualifications in Fumes Investigation Reporting (CMDDA1) and Commercial Gas, Oil, Solid fuel and renewables highly desirable but not essential.
• A recognised management qualification e.g. CMS, DMS or NVQ equivalent (Desirable but not essential)
Benefits of working with Morgan Lambert
• Competitive Salary
• Long term sick pay
• 4 x basic salary life insurance
• Company vehicle
• Healthcare cash plan
• Private pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
• 25 days annual leave (Increases 1 day per year of service to maximum 30 days) (plus public holidays)
• Laptop computer
• Tablet device
• Mobile phone
• Access to e-learning platform for further educational opportunities