Gas Safety Awareness in Social Housing – Level 2
Aimed at non-technical Social Housing staff, the Level 2 Gas Safety Awareness qualification is ideally suited to anyone who works within the administration or call center function of gas safety contracts but needs a basic understanding and awareness of the technical aspects of gas to assist with enquiries they may receive from tenants or from visiting their homes and to understand terminology they may encounter in handling Landlord Gas Safety Records, repairs documentation and technical reports.
The objective of this qualification is for learners to;
- Know the types of gas used in domestic dwellings and the requirements for correct combustion
- Understand the effects that Carbon Monoxide can have on the human body,
- Know how Carbon Monoxide detectors should be used to reduce the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning,
- Know how to identify the signs of an appliance which has combustion/flue/ventilation problems,
- Understand the requirements for landlords under the Gas Safety Regulations,
- Understand the requirements placed upon gas installers to work legally in domestic properties,
- Understand the actions necessary in the event of an escape of gas or report of fumes
The course consists of a guided learning session followed by a written examination of which learners must achieve a grade of 75% to receive the Level 2 award accredited by Logic certification.
The training and examination is usually delivered over one day and can be taken at our Head office in Selby, North Yorkshire or at your own premises dependent on numbers.
For further information regarding our services please contact Morgan Lambert on 01757 210598 or email email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as possible.